For the purposes of the relevant data protection regulations and laws, the Bedford Chiropractic Clinic (‘we’ or ‘us’) the company who is responsible for the controlling the processing of, your personal data ( ‘Data Controllers’).
- What is Personal Data?
Personal Data is data that relates to a living identifiable individual. This data includes things such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and payment details including sort code and account number. We collect the following Personal data from you:
- Full Name
- Clinic and Correspondence addresses
- telephone number(s)
- gender (optional)
- email address
- Date of Birth
- Nationality (optional)
- Payment details including sort code and account number
- What is Sensitive Personal Data?
Sensitive Personal Data is defined under the relevant data protection regulations and laws as personal data consisting of information relating to the data subject with regard to racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature; trade union membership; physical or mental health or condition; sexual life; the commission or alleged commission of any offence; or any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by the data subject.
- Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you when you register as a member or when you use this website. We may also monitor your usage of this website. This may include monitoring how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users and therefore improve our services to you. Some of this data will be personal data (such as the data described in section 2 above) but some will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually. You have the right to ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you in our records. If you would like a copy of the information held on
you can email us at email@example.com.
- How we may use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
- To help us administer and maintain accurate membership records;
- To conduct statistical analysis and market research;
- To conduct profiling;
- To customising this website and its content to your particular preferences;
- To notify you of any changes to this website or our services which may affect you;
- To respond to any queries or questions raised by you or other users of the website;
- To provide you with information about our membership services, including events and conferences and other services and products that we feel may be appropriate to you, through our communication channels
- To help provide you with a better service.
- Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to other parties, these include:
- Our agents and service providers such as providers of web hosting or maintenance services
- Current Insurance Services
We may also disclose personal date to Law enforcement agencies, in connection to any investigation, in order to help prevent unlawful activity. If our association is integrated with another entity your details may be disclosed to our advisers and their advisers and will be passed on to the relevant department/s within the new entity subject to terms of confidentiality no less onerous than those contained in this policy.
- Keeping your Personal data
We will hold your personal data on our systems for no longer than as is necessary without limitation in line with the requirements under the relevant data protection regulations and laws, however in any event personal data will not be kept for longer than eight years. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, organisational and managerial procedures and measures to safeguard the personal data and information we collect online. Examples include:
- Ensuring access to your account is controlled by password and username which are unique to you;
- Ensuring that we store your personal data on secure servers.
- Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts and resources to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
- You have the right to unsubscribe from our email communications using the ‘unsubscribe’ button found on the base of these communications. You can re-subscribe at any time.
- To recognise you whenever you visit this website;
- To speed up access to this website;
- To store your personal preferences;
- To build a profile about you;
- To better target our marketing and advertising campaigns
- To improve our services to you!
The vast majority of web browsers accept cookies. However you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted on this website and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies Website which offers guidance for all modern browsers. However if you do this, you may lose some of the functionality of this website for which we are not responsible.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
- Our contact details
This site is designed for you, so we always welcome any feedback and questions you may have, ; or if you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible: by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this Policy occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version which will apply each time you access this website.